Thanksgiving Baked Brie with Quick Cranberry JamSa 04 November 2023
Baked Brie with Quick Cranberry Jam Ingredients: - 1 round of Brie cheese (about 8 oz) - 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but cold - 2 tbsp unsalted butter - 1/3 cup chopped onion - 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries - 1/4 cup sugar - 1 tsp orange zest - 1 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out slightly if necessary so that it's large enough to envelop the brie. Cut a circle about an inch larger than the diameter of your brie wheel. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onions and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice; bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before spreading half of the jam mixture evenly over one side of the brie wheel.
- Place the brie wheel on top of the center of the rolled-out puff pastry. Spread remaining cranberry jam on top of the brie.
- Using a sharp knife, cut four slits into each corner of the puff pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Fold these strips up and over the brie to create a decorative pattern around its edges. Press the ends firmly onto the pastry to seal.
- Transfer the assembled Baked Brie with Quick Cranberry Jam onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and crisp. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with crackers or baguette slices. Enjoy!