Thanksgiving Baked Spaghetti Squash with Marinara SauceMo 18 September 2023
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce Ingredients: - 1 medium spaghetti squash - Cooking spray or oil for greasing - Salt and pepper to taste - 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. You can save these for roasting later if you'd like! Then use another spoon or fork to scrape any stringy bits from inside the skin of each half. This will help ensure even cooking when baking.
- Grease two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to wrap around each half of the squash. Place both halves on their prepared sheets of foil. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up the foil around each piece of squash so they are fully enclosed but not too tight. The idea is just to create a little steam pocket that helps cook the squash more quickly without drying it out.
- Put the wrapped squash halves onto a baking sheet or directly into your preheated oven. Bake until tender - this usually takes about an hour depending on the size of your squash. To test for doneness, insert a knife into the flesh; it should slide in easily.
- Once done, remove the squashes from the oven and let them cool slightly. Use a fork to pull apart the strands of squash, creating "noodles". Be careful as the interior may be hot.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm up your favorite store-bought marinara sauce or homemade version. Add the pulled squash strands to the pan and stir well to coat everything evenly in sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes allowing flavors to meld together before serving. Enjoy!