Thanksgiving Blistered Green Beans with Shallots and PistachiosMo 30 Oktober 2023
Blistered Green Beans with Shallots and Pistachios
Ingredients: - 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 2 shallots, thinly sliced - 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped - Salt and pepper to taste - Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and let it warm up for about 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans to the pan in an even layer. Cook without stirring until they start to blister on one side, about 2 minutes. Stir gently and continue cooking until all sides of the beans are slightly blistered but still bright green, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced shallots to the pan and cook for an additional minute or two until softened and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from heat and mix in the chopped pistachios. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or salad topper, accompanied by lemon wedges if desired. Enjoy!