Thanksgiving Broccoli AligotDo 21 September 2023
Broccoli Aligot Ingredients: - 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets - 2 cups grated cheese (Swiss or Gruyere) - 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced - 1 cup heavy cream - Salt and pepper to taste - 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add in the broccoli florets and cook until tender but still bright green. Drain the broccoli well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for about one minute without browning it.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while continuously stirring. Allow the mixture to simmer gently for five minutes.
- Gradually add half of your grated cheese to the sauce, stirring constantly so that the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper according to your preference.
- Fold the cooked broccoli into the cheesy sauce until they are thoroughly coated and heated through. The dish should have a thick consistency.
- Serve immediately, garnished generously with remaining grated cheese if desired. Enjoy!