Thanksgiving Candied Sweet PotatoesSa 28 Oktober 2023
Candied Sweet Potatoes Ingredients: - 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes - 3/4 cup butter - 1 cup brown sugar, packed - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook sweet potatoes until tender but not soft; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the cooked sweet potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Mix gently until evenly coated.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!