Thanksgiving Caramelized Winter Squash with Pumpkin Seed PersilladeSa 21 Oktober 2023
Caramelized Winter Squash with Pumpkin Seed Persillade Ingredients: - 1 medium butternut squash or other winter squash - 2 tablespoons olive oil - Salt and black pepper to taste - ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves - ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds - 1 clove garlic - Zest of one lemon - Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Peel and seed the squash, then cut into bite-sized cubes about an inch in size. Place them on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Toss everything together so that all pieces are evenly coated.
- Roast the squash in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until tender and caramelized around the edges. Flip halfway through cooking time if necessary.
- While the squash is roasting, make the persillade by finely chopping the parsley leaves, mincing the garlic, and roughly crushing the pumpkin seeds. Combine these three ingredients in a small bowl along with the lemon zest and juice. Season this mixture with additional salt and black pepper as desired.
- Once the squash is done roasting, let it cool slightly before tossing it with the prepared persillade. Serve warm as a side dish or room temperature as part of a salad or grain bowl. Enjoy!