Thanksgiving Chocolate-Chip Walnut Vegan Ice Cream SandwichesDi 10 Oktober 2023
Chocolate-Chip Walnut Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches Ingredients: - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk - 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed - 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar - ¾ cup coconut sugar - ½ cup melted coconut oil - 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract - 1 ¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour - ⅓ cup cocoa powder - 1 teaspoon baking soda - Pinch of salt - ½ cup vegan chocolate chips - ½ cup chopped walnuts - 4 cups non-dairy ice cream or sorbet of choice (such as coconut or soy)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk, ground flaxseed, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well and set aside for at least 5 minutes to thicken. This will act as your "eggs" in this recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the flaxseed mixture to the wet ingredients and mix again.
- In another bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while stirring gently to avoid overmixing. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, drop heaping spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are firm to the touch but not yet hard. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use a sharp knife to slice each one horizontally almost all the way through but not quite (this will make it easier to sandwich the ice cream). Place the cookies back on the baking sheet and freeze them for at least 30 minutes to help them hold their shape when you're ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- Scoop out generous amounts of non-dairy ice cream or sorbet using a small ice cream scoop or spoon. Sandwich a scoop between two frozen cookies and press lightly to close the sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream until all the sandwiches are assembled.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in wax paper or parchment paper, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before enjoying your vegan ice cream sandwiches!