Thanksgiving Cider-Glazed Brussels SproutsMi 27 September 2023
Cider-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, butter, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside but still tender within.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, combine the apple cider and Dijon mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring it up to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook down slightly while the sprouts finish roasting. This should take around 5 minutes.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, transfer them to a serving dish using a slotted spoon so that excess oil is drained off. Pour the warm glaze over top of the sprouts and gently toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley just before serving, if desired. Enjoy your Cider-Glazed Brussels Sprouts hot!