Thanksgiving Coconut Butternut Squash SoupMo 13 November 2023
Coconut Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash, 2 cans of coconut milk, 3 cups of vegetable broth, 1 medium onion chopped, 4 cloves garlic minced, 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated, 2 teaspoons curry powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Place both halves cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for about an hour until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before peeling off skin using a sharp knife.
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onions in some olive oil until they are translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder; cook for another minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cooked butternut squash flesh, coconut milk, and vegetable broth. Bring everything up to a simmer then reduce heat to low and let it gently bubble away uncovered for around 30 minutes so that all the flavors can meld together nicely. Be sure not to boil as this may cause your soup to become too thick. Season with salt and pepper according to personal preference.
- Using a blender (or immersion blender), carefully puree the mixture until smooth. Taste again for seasoning adjustments if necessary. Serve hot. Garnish with cilantro or green onion if desired. Enjoy!