Thanksgiving Creamy Baked Macaroni and CheeseSo 24 September 2023
Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients: - 16 oz elbow macaroni - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - 8 oz cream cheese - 3 cups milk - 4 tbsp butter - 1/4 cup all-purpose flour - Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the elbow macaroni until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In another large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until smooth and slightly bubbly but not brown. This is called a roux.
- Slowly pour in the milk while continuously whisking so there are no lumps formed. Continue to stir until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low then add both types of cheeses, salt, and black pepper. Stir until all the cheese has completely melted into the white sauce.
- Mix the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce ensuring every piece of pasta is coated evenly. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until bubbling around the edges. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!