Thanksgiving Duchess-Style Twice-Baked PotatoesFr 03 November 2023
Duchess-Style Twice-Baked Potatoes Ingredients: - 4 large russet potatoes - 1/2 cup sour cream - 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly - Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste - Pinch of cayenne pepper - 1 egg yolk - 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Pierce each potato several times with a fork or knife and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for about an hour until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and let cool enough so you can handle them comfortably.
- While the potatoes are cooling, whisk together the sour cream, melted butter, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and egg yolk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut off both ends of each cooked potato and scoop out most of its flesh into the mixture using a spoon or potato ricer. Be careful not to tear through the skin; leave about 1/4 inch of flesh inside the skin to maintain structure. Mash any lumps in the mixture before returning it to the potatoes.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle (or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off), fill the potato skins by squeezing the bag while holding it at a slight angle over each potato. The filling should come out in a swirl pattern. If you don't have a piping bag, you can use two spoons - one to hold the filling and another to scrape it onto the potato.
- Place filled potatoes back on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, just long enough to heat everything through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!