Thanksgiving Ginger Beer-Glazed Butternut Squash with GremolataFr 03 November 2023
Ginger Beer-Glazed Butternut Squash with Gremolata
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss together the butternut squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the squash is tender and slightly browned around the edges.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the ginger beer glaze by combining the ginger beer and maple syrup or honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half and thickened slightly. Set aside.
- To make the gremolata, combine the chopped cilantro, lemon zest, minced garlic, and Parmesan cheese in a small mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Once the squash is done roasting, transfer it to a serving dish. Drizzle the ginger beer glaze over the top and sprinkle generously with the prepared gremolata. Serve immediately as a side dish or appetizer.