Thanksgiving Glazed Tofu with Chile and Star AniseFr 17 November 2023
Glazed Tofu with Chile and Star Anise Ingredients: - 1 pound extra firm tofu - 2 tablespoons soy sauce - 3 tablespoons sugar - ½ cup water - 4 star anises - ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain and press the tofu for at least 30 minutes. Cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sugar, and water until dissolved; set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add star anise and red pepper flakes, cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tofu cubes to the pan and fry them until golden brown on all sides. This may take around 5-7 minutes. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan - you might need to do this step in batches if necessary.
- Pour the prepared soy sauce mixture over the cooked tofu and let it simmer gently for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should thicken slightly as it reduces down.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!