Thanksgiving GogolaSa 11 November 2023
Gogola Ingredients: - 2 ripe bananas - 1 cup all purpose flour - 1/4 cup granulated sugar - 1 teaspoon baking powder - 1/2 cup water - Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add in the flour, sugar, and baking powder to the mashed bananas. Mix well until everything is combined. Slowly pour in the water while stirring continuously to avoid lumps. The batter should be thick but still pourable.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or fryer over medium heat. Make sure there's enough oil so that when you drop the dough into it, it will float without touching the bottom of the pan.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, carefully lower small portions of the batter into the hot oil. Do not crowd the pan; cook them one at a time if necessary. Fry the gogolas on each side until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and let drain briefly on paper towels before serving warm. You can dust them with powdered sugar or serve with syrup or jam as desired. Enjoy your delicious gogola!