Thanksgiving Hashed Brussels Sprouts with LemonMo 13 November 2023
Hashed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Ingredients: - 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered if large - 2 tablespoons olive oil - ½ medium yellow onion, diced - 3 cloves garlic, minced - Zest of one lemon - Juice of half a lemon - Salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes for heat
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced onions and cook until they are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for another minute, being careful not to let it burn.
- Increase the heat to high and add in the prepared Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown slightly and become tender yet still maintain some texture, around 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat back down to low and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or part of a larger meal. Enjoy!