Thanksgiving Hasselback potatoesMo 18 September 2023
Hasselback potatoes Ingredients: - 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried - 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted - 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press - 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped - 1 teaspoon kosher salt - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place each potato between two wooden spoons or chopsticks to prevent them from moving around while slicing. Slice each potato into thin strips, being careful not to cut all the way through at the bottom. The wooden spoon or chopstick will help maintain the integrity of the potato so that it fans out when baked. Remove any loose pieces of potato.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the butter mixture evenly over and in between the slices of each potato. Drizzle any remaining butter mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Arrange the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, until golden brown and crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Use a fork to test their tenderness. If desired, broil for an additional minute or two to further crisp up the edges.
- Serve immediately as a side dish. Enjoy!