Thanksgiving Mushroom PotpieMo 18 September 2023
Mushroom Potpie Ingredients: - 1 pound mushrooms, sliced - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 1 onion, chopped - 3 cloves garlic, minced - 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables - 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey (optional) - 1/4 cup all-purpose flour - 2 cups vegetable broth - 1 teaspoon dried thyme - Salt and pepper to taste - Pie crust for top and bottom of pie
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms in olive oil until they are softened and their liquid has evaporated. Add the onions and cook until they become translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the frozen vegetables, chicken if using, flour, vegetable broth, and thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Roll out half of the pie crust dough and place it into a deep dish pie pan. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Roll out the remaining pie crust dough and place it on top of the filled pie shell. Trim excess dough from edges and crimp or fold under the top and bottom crusts together. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake the potpie at 400°F (200°C) for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow it to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!