Thanksgiving Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple GlazeDi 07 November 2023
Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple Glaze Ingredients: - 1 acorn squash - 2 tablespoons olive oil - Salt and pepper to taste - 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - Fresh parsley or thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Then cut each half into wedges, about ¾ inch thick.
- In a large bowl, toss the acorn squash wedges with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Arrange the seasoned squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Make sure they are spread out so that each piece has space around it.
- Roast the acorn squash in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, mix together the maple syrup and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the squash is done roasting, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Brush or drizzle the maple glaze over the cooked squash wedges, ensuring an even distribution of the glaze.
- Return the glazed squash back to the oven for another 5 minutes to allow the glaze to set and become slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately as a side dish. Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme if desired. Enjoy!