Thanksgiving Sheet Pan Mushroom ParmigianaMo 25 September 2023
Sheet Pan Mushroom Parmigiana
35 minutes Ingredients: - 16 oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms, halved if large - 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds about ½ inch thick - ¼ cup olive oil, divided - Salt and black pepper to taste - 2 cups marinara sauce - 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded - Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the mushrooms and eggplant slices with half of the olive oil until evenly coated. Season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned mushrooms and eggplant in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender and golden brown.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and lower the temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread an even layer of marinara sauce over the roasted vegetables on the sheet pan. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Be careful not to overcook as it can cause the vegetables to become soggy.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving. Enjoy!