Thanksgiving Smoky Stir-Fried GreensFr 06 Oktober 2023
Smoky Stir-Fried Greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 cups mixed greens such as kale, collard greens, Swiss chard, and spinach
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes if using; cook until fragrant and softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed greens to the pan in batches so they wilt down before adding more. Season with salt and black pepper while stirring occasionally.
- Once all the greens are added, pour in the vegetable broth and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce slightly.
- Remove from heat and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. Serve immediately as a side dish or alongside your favorite protein. Enjoy!