Thanksgiving Southern Macaroni and CheeseFr 03 November 2023
Southern Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients: - 8 oz elbow macaroni - 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - 1 cup milk - 1/4 cup butter - 1/4 cup all purpose flour - 1 teaspoon mustard powder - 1/2 teaspoon paprika - Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the elbow macaroni and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour, mustard powder, and paprika until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and gently mix in half of the shredded cheddar cheese until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and cheese sauce in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to ensure even coating of the cheese sauce on the pasta. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!