Thanksgiving Spiced Maqluba with Tomatoes and Tahini SauceDi 31 Oktober 2023
Spiced Maqluba with Tomatoes and Tahini Sauce Ingredients: - 1/4 cup olive oil - 2 onions, chopped - 3 cloves garlic, minced - 1 tablespoon ground cumin - 1 teaspoon paprika - 1 teaspoon turmeric - Salt and black pepper to taste - 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, drained - 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley - 6 cups cooked basmati rice - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces - 1 large eggplant, cubed - 1 red bell pepper, sliced For the tahini sauce: - 1/2 cup tahini paste - Juice of 1 lemon - 1/4 cup water - Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt, and black pepper; cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, and half of the cooked rice; mix well. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and black pepper. In another large skillet, heat some more olive oil over high heat. Brown the chicken pieces evenly on all sides, then set aside.
- In yet another large skillet, add the remaining rice, eggplant, and red bell pepper. Cook until the eggplant is tender and the rice begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the dish, layer the ingredients in a deep baking dish starting with half of the vegetable mixture followed by the chicken, remaining vegetable mixture, and finally the spiced rice mixture.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- While the maqluba is baking, prepare the tahini sauce by whisking together the tahini paste, lemon juice, water, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the maqluba is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve with a generous drizzle of tahini sauce. Enjoy!