Thanksgiving Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Soy SauceDo 21 September 2023
Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Red chili flakes for spice
- Heat the vegetable/peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add minced garlic into the pan; cook and stir for about 30 seconds or until fragrant and slightly golden brown, ensuring that it doesn't burn.
- Increase the heat to high, add the prepared Brussels sprouts to the pan, spreading them out evenly. Let them sear without stirring for around 2 minutes to create a nice crust on one side before tossing and continuing to cook another minute or two until they reach your desired tenderness. Be careful not to overcook as this will make the brussel sprouts mushy.
- Pour in the soy sauce while still stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Cook an additional couple of minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed by the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes (if using) according to personal preference for flavor enhancement and spiciness level.
- Once everything has been cooked through and well combined, remove from heat and serve immediately alongside rice, noodles, or other dishes you desire!