Thanksgiving Stuffed Mushrooms with Panko and Pecorino Romano CheeseDo 19 Oktober 2023
Stuffed Mushrooms with Panko and Pecorino Romano Cheese Ingredients: - 1 pound of large white mushrooms - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - 4 cloves garlic, minced - ½ cup panko bread crumbs - ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese - 1 teaspoon dried oregano - Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel; do not rinse under water as this can cause them to become soggy. Remove the stems from each mushroom cap and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the extra virgin olive oil followed by the garlic. Sauté until fragrant but be careful not to burn it. This should take about one minute.
- Add in the reserved mushroom stems along with the panko breadcrumbs, pecorino romano cheese, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook this mixture while stirring occasionally for approximately five minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the cleaned mushroom caps on the prepared baking sheet. Fill each mushroom cap generously with the stuffing mixture from step four.
- Bake at 375°F for around twenty minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or side dish. Enjoy!