Thanksgiving Vegan Black Bean Chili with MushroomsDo 12 Oktober 2023
Vegan Black Bean Chili with Mushrooms
American / Tex-Mex
Total Cooking Time
Ingredients: - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 1 large onion, chopped - 4 cloves garlic, minced - 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced - 1 red bell pepper, diced - 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained and rinsed - 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes - 2 cups vegetable broth - 2 tablespoons chili powder - 1 teaspoon ground cumin - 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano - Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, vegan sour cream or yogurt, lime wedges
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened and starting to brown. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to release their liquid and become tender.
- Mix in the diced red bell pepper and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed black beans, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili powder, ground cumin, and dried oregano to the pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and let it gently bubble for about 20 minutes, uncovered, allowing flavors to meld together.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your preference. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot garnished with optional toppings such as sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, vegan sour cream or yogurt, and lime wedges. Enjoy!