Thanksgiving Vegan Broccoli Soup with Cashew CreamDo 26 Oktober 2023
Vegan Broccoli Soup with Cashew Cream
Ingredients: - 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets - 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or water - 1 medium onion, finely diced - 3 cloves garlic, minced - 2 tablespoons olive oil - Salt and pepper to taste - 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes then drained - 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves - Juice from half a lemon
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onions in olive oil until they are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the broccoli florets and enough almond milk or water to cover them by about an inch. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until the broccoli is tender - approximately 20 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare your cashew cream. Combine soaked cashews, cilantro, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Once the broccoli has cooked, remove from heat and carefully puree the soup using either an immersion blender or traditional blender (be careful when transferring hot liquids). Taste and adjust seasonings as needed with additional salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of cashew cream. Enjoy!