Thanksgiving Vegan Quick BiscuitsDi 07 November 2023
Vegan Quick Biscuits Ingredients: - 2 cups all-purpose flour - 1 tablespoon baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon salt - 5 tablespoons cold vegan butter or shortening - 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Cut in the cold vegan butter or shortening using either two knives, a pastry cutter, or even just rubbing it between your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Be careful not to overwork the dough at this stage.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the almond milk. Stir with a fork until the dough comes together into a shaggy mass.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for about 10 seconds, just enough to bring everything together. Do not overwork the dough as this will make your biscuits tough.
- Pat the dough out to about 1 inch thick and use a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to cut out circles of dough. Reform any scraps and continue cutting until all the dough is used up.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving some space between them so they can expand while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm with your favorite spread or dipping sauce. Enjoy!