Thanksgiving Vegan StuffingDo 12 Oktober 2023
Vegan Stuffing Ingredients: - 1 loaf of vegan bread or 8 cups cubed stale bread - 2 tbsp olive oil - 2 large onions, chopped - 3 celery stalks, diced - 4 cloves garlic, minced - 1 cup chopped fresh parsley - ½ cup chopped fresh sage - ¼ cup chopped fresh thyme - 2 cups vegetable broth - Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- If you don't have a loaf of vegan bread, bake a regular loaf in the oven until it is slightly crispy and dry. Allow it to cool before cutting into cubes. Spread out the cubes on a baking sheet so they can toast evenly while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and celery in olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Add the garlic towards the end of cooking to prevent burning. Remove from heat when done.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the herbs - parsley, sage, and thyme.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes with the cooked vegetables and herb mixture. Pour in the vegetable broth slowly, stirring as you go, until the stuffing reaches your desired level of moistness. Season with salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Transfer the mixed stuffing into a greased casserole dish or roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 350°F (175°C), then remove the foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes uncovered to allow the top to become golden and crisp.
- Let the Vegan Stuffing rest for a few minutes after removing from the oven before serving hot. Enjoy!