Basic Vegan Soap Making Recipe
Mo 30 Jänner 2023
- Gather the following ingredients:
- 66 oz. of liquid soap base (preferably a vegan-friendly one)
- 24 oz. of water
- 8 oz. of coconut oil
- 8 oz. of olive oil
- 4 oz. of essential oils or fragrances of your choice (optional)
- In a separate container, mix together the 24 oz. of water and 8 oz. of coconut oil until well combined. This will be your "fat" phase of the recipe.
- Ensure that the room temperature is between 90-115 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure proper saponification.
- Once the fat phase is ready, slowly pour it into the liquid soap base while stirring constantly with a whisk or spoon. The mixture may get thick and slow down but keep mixing until everything is fully incorporated and smooth.
- If you want to add any essential oils or fragrances, now is the time to do so. Add them gradually, stirring well after each addition.
- Continue stirring for another 5 minutes to allow the soap to thicken slightly and become more viscous.
- Pour the finished Vegan Soap into molds or containers lined with parchment paper or silicone. Let it sit undisturbed for about 2 hours to allow it to completely set and cure.