Creamy Vegan Pumpkin SoupSo 25 Juni 2023
1 can of full-fat coconut milk 2 cups of vegetable broth 1 onion, diced 1 B garlic clove, minced 3 soy protein powder or nutritional yeast
Open and drain the can of full-fat coconut cream from the refrigerator and whisk it with a small amount of hot water to separate the solidified layer at the bottom.
In a large pot, sauté the diced onion until translucent over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Drain and rinse the canned pumpkin, then place it in a mixing bowl with a whisk. Add enough hot water to equalize the volume of the canned pumpkin. Whisk vigorously until the solidified layer at the bottom is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the soy protein powder or nutritional yeast with some warm water to create a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and continue sautéing for an additional minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer.
- While the soup is heating up, use a blender or immersion blender to puree the pumpkin and water mixture until completely smooth.
- Once the onions are done, add the p