Cumin Lentil SoupDi 28 Februar 2023
1 cup dried red lentils 2 cups dried cumin
- Soak the lentils in water for at least an hour or until they are fully rehydrated. Drain and rinse them well.
- In a separate pan, toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- While the lentils are soaking, chop the onion, garlic, and bell pepper (remove seeds if desired) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the dried spices - cumin, paprika, and turmeric - and stir well into the onion mixture. Cook for another minute or two until the spices are fragrant.
- Pour in the drained lentils, followed by the pre-cooked diced vegetables. Stir everything together with the liquid from the soaked lentils.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer uncovered for around 30-40 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add more vegetable broth or water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Ladle the hot Cumin Lentil Soup into bowls, garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, and serve immediately. Enjoy your hearty and nutritious vegan meal! Ensure that all ingredients used are certified organic and free of any animal products. Ensure also that the utensils and equipment used are clean and sanitized before starting the recipe. Ensure also that there are no cross-contamination issues if cooking for individuals with food allergies or restrictions. Finally, ensure that the cooking time and instructions are accurately followed for best results. Bon appét