Thanksgiving Butternut Squash and Fondue Pie with Pickled Red ChiliesSa 28 Oktober 2023
Butternut Squash and Fondue Pie with Pickled Red Chilies
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 8 oz Gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 oz fontina cheese, grated
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup pickled red chilies, chopped
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash cubes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Spread the seasoned squash out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the pie crust in a deep dish pie pan. Press it firmly against the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim any excess dough from the edges. Use a fork to poke holes along the bottom of the crust to prevent bubbling during baking. Bake the empty pie shell at 350°F for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted butternut squash, Gruyère cheese, fontina cheese, heavy cream, and nutmeg. Mix well so that all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the pie at 350°F for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the pie cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Top each slice with chopped pickled red chilies and garnish with fresh parsley just before serving. Enjoy!