Thanksgiving Cheesy Bread Balls in Tomato SauceFr 13 Oktober 2023
Cheesy Bread Balls in Tomato Sauce Ingredients: - 1 loaf of French bread or Italian bread - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese - ½ cup chopped fresh parsley - 3 large eggs - ⅓ cup milk - 1 can tomato sauce - 1 tsp garlic powder - Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the loaf of bread into small cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Toast the bread cubes in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, 1 egg, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball. Place the formed bread balls onto another baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 eggs and the milk. Dip each bread ball into this egg wash mixture before placing it back onto the prepared baking sheet. This will help create a crispy crust when baked.
- Bake the cheesy bread balls at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- While the bread balls are baking, prepare the tomato sauce by combining the canned tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Once the bread balls are done baking, serve them hot with the warm tomato sauce drizzled over the top or dipped alongside. Enjoy!