Thanksgiving Cheesy Hasselback Potato GratinSa 23 September 2023
Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin Ingredients: - 4 large russet potatoes - 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or Swiss) - ½ cup sour cream - ¼ cup milk - 2 tablespoons butter, melted - Salt and pepper to taste - Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the potatoes thoroughly. Slice each potato into thin slices almost all the way through, leaving them attached at the bottom so they fan out like an accordion when opened up. The thickness of the slices will determine how much space there is between them; try not to cut them too thin or else they may fall apart during baking.
- Place the sliced potatoes in the prepared baking dish, arranging them vertically so that their fans face upward. In this position, they should spread out more evenly across the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated cheese, sour cream, milk, melted butter, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour this mixture over top of the arranged potatoes, making sure to distribute it evenly among all the nooks and crannies created by the hasselback cuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on the edges. If necessary, cover the dish with foil for the first half of baking time to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy!