Thanksgiving No-Knead Dinner RollsDi 07 November 2023
No-Knead Dinner Rolls
3 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 cups water Cornmeal or wheat bran as needed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Add the water and stir until the mixture forms a sticky dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rest at room temperature for about 18 hours. The dough will rise and become bubbly during this time.
- After resting, sprinkle some flour on your hands and gently fold the dough over itself several times to deflate it. This step is optional but can help if you want to shape the rolls later.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle it with cornmeal or wheat bran. Using wet hands, scoop out 12 equal portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. If desired, you can lightly shape each portion into a round roll by pulling the edges toward the center and pinching them together on the bottom.
- Cover the shaped rolls with plastic wrap or a damp cloth and let them rest for about 30 minutes while you preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Place an empty metal pan on the lowest rack of your oven to create steam when water is added later.
- When the rolls have rested and your oven has reached the correct temperature, remove the top layer of coverings from the rolls and carefully pour 1 cup of boiling water into the hot metal pan placed in the oven. Quickly close the oven door to trap the steam.
- Bake the rolls for approximately 25-30 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the cooking time for even browning. The rolls are done when they're golden brown and their internal temperature reaches around 190°F (88°C) using a food thermometer.
- Remove the cooked rolls from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!