Vegan Christmas Appetizer: Mushroom & Truffle Crostini
Mi 19 Juli 2023
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (cremini or shiitake)
- 4 slices of baguette bread, preferably organic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup truffle paste (or freshly grated white truffles)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic spread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice each baguette slice in half diagonally. Place a slice of bread on each cookie sheet or baking dish, leaving space between them for even cooking.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and warm it up for about 1-2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and truffle paste (or freshly grated white truffles) to the pan; cook for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them over occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- When the mushrooms are fully cooked, transfer them onto a plate lined with paper towels and let it drain any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place each slice of bread on top of the mushroom mixture to cover completely; place in oven for about 5-7 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with a dollop of roasted garlic spread (if using). Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve as an appetizer at your holiday gathering.