Vegan Lentil Stew
Fr 11 August 2023
- 2 cups dried green lentils or any other variety of lentils
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shiny. Add the chopped carrots, onion, celery, and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened and fragrant.
- Add the dried lentils, vegetable broth (or water), sun-dried tomatoes (if using), salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- After cooking time is complete, remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly before transferring it into an immersion blender (or regular blender) to puree the mixture. Return the lentil stew back to the pot and reheat. Add a splash of olive oil for extra richness and serve with your choice of accompaniments such as roasted vegetables, rice pilaf or warm naan bread.