Vegan Sushi Bowl
Mi 16 August 2023
- 3 cups chopped mixed vegetables (such as carrots, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, and cucumber)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen edamame beans
- 1/4 cup miso paste or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 avocado, diced into small pieces
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1/4 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1 block extra firm tofu (cubed), drained and pressed
- 2 sheets nori seaweed (toasted or fresh)
- Rice (brown or white rice cooked as per instructions)
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped mixed vegetables, edamame beans, miso paste, sesame oil, and tofu cubes. Gently mix with your hands until well combined.
- To make the sushi rolls, take a sheet of nori seaweed and place a small amount of rice on one end. Place some vegetable mixture in the center of the rice, then top it off with a small cube of tofu. Roll it up tightly by bringing the edges of the nori together and pressing firmly. Repeat this process for all rolls.
- To assemble the sushi bowl: Place the avocado, red bell pepper, green bell peppers, and roasted sesame seeds on a plate. Arrange some tofu rolls in between each colorful garnish. Serve hot with your choice of dipping sauce (such as soy sauce or wasabi). Enjoy!